- Do we need more flyovers in Cebu City to ease traffic congestion? If we ask members of the Banilad-Talamban Traffic Task Force, they will answer with a big “NO”. The task force, which is chaired by no less than Mayor Michael Rama, has asked DPWH Secretary Rogelio Singson to forgo the implementation of six more flyovers in the city until after a transportation master plan is completed and alternative solutions to the current traffic problem are thoroughly studied.
- The task force also wants to undertake a new transportation master plan, as this was first made in 1978. Instead of spending billions on flyovers, the money can be spent on a second transportation master plan that can guide Cebu’s transportation, road and drainage infrastructure needs for the next 20 years, which is crucial to its economic development.
Do we need more flyovers?
(Sunstar page A15 /Saksi / Bobby Nalzaro | August 1, 2011)
Notices & Announcements
- Supply and Delivery of 24.5 Truck Garden Soil(Soil, 6 Cu.meter/Truck), and other items.
- Supply and Delivery of 1 Unit Brand New Service Vehicle - FB Type, Front Aircon, 2.5L Diesel engine.
- Procurement of (30 - minute Television Program entitled " The City Council Reports" to be aired dai
- Supply and Delivery of 7,040 Pieces M16-110 ammo x 64 pers and other items.
- Supply and Delivery of 30 Sets Oxy-Acetylene Gas refilled STD Industrial (2 tanks oxygen & 1 tank ac